Love your ocean, and she'll love you back in the depth of Pondicherry. There is a great range of corals, lion fish, grouper, kingfish, moray eels, eagle and manta rays, parrot fish, sea snakes, triggerfish, butterflys, angels, bannerfish, crustaceans... and if you're lucky, even sharks, whale sharks, turtles and dolphins!
Here at Temple Adventures, India's only active mainland PADI IDC centre, we are ready to help you achieve your goal of a Professional Career in Scuba Diving! Whether you want to teach here in Pondy, Chennai, around India, or even internationally, we can tailor a career development package just for you.
Home away from home:
our Dive Center
Need new toys?
you want the best!
Diving is about buddies :
meet all your new friends
and instructors here
great dive sites
and pristine marine life
We are a Padi 5 Star IDC Dive Resort, and all PADI courses are run by our experienced PADI Instructors aided by qualified assistants. Courses can be taught in English, French, German, Spanish, Yupik, Tamil and Hindi. All course prices include equipment rental, certification, theory materials and loads of fun.
Discover Scuba Diving,
even for non-swimmers!
1 day - 1 dive
Become a real,
4 days - 4 dives
Unleash the beast
and go deeper
2 days - 5 dives
Extend your sphere
4 days - 4 dives
25.000 / 33.000 INR
At Temple Adventures, India's only active mainland PADI 5 star IDC center, we are eager to help you achieve your goal and successfully start a Professional Career in Scuba Diving! From Divemaster training to Instructor training, from thorough theory courses to practical applications, gain experience with us in and out of the water, and start a new life!
The first step
into your diving career!
Click for details
The homestretch before
becoming an instructor
Click for details
Spread the word
of Emergency First Response
Click here for details
The joy of teaching
and the joy of diving
Click here for details
All the information you need for scuba diving with us: how to book a course or simply reach the Dive Centre.
All the prices for our dives, service and courses at a glance.
Do you want a discount?
Sure thing, here is our fixed discount policy.
10% Discounts apply on Fun Dives to: • Groups of 5 or more
• Diving Industry Professionals
• Ex Temple Adventures PADI Students
• Pondy Diver's Club members
• Chennai Dive Club members
• Diving Pros working actively in India DSD Group Discounts:
• 3+ Pax: 5%; 6+ Pax: 10%; 9+ Pax: 15%
Max total discount is 20%.
Discounts do not apply to PADI courses, Wreck/Wall fees, equipment rental or pictures.
Special Discounts • 30% off Fun Dive day within 1 week after Open Water Course
• Get 4 PADI Specialties for the price of 3 (cheapest of 4 is free)
Discounts on Equipment Sales • 15% off RRP during Open Water or Advanced OW Course
• 10% off RRP after any PADI course (student discount)
Upgrade to the next course and get a discount:
Wanna talk about the weather? Here are some awesome forecast services!
Where are you guys? Here is your map to Fun - your map to Temple Adventures.
Get a room! Here are some sweet hotels and guest houses in Pondy.
Hit the road !! Go on a dive trip with your friends from Temple Adventures.
Have a question? Here is the answer!
General questions about scuba diving
• I cannot swim. Can I scuba dive?
I cannot swim. Can I scuba dive?
Yes! For our introduction programs, no swimming skills are required. You can do a Discover Scuba Diving program, down to 12 meters, along with a qualified instructor, or even enroll for our Scuba Diver Program!
• Is scuba diving safe?
Is scuba diving safe?
It is, actually, safer than driving to the dive centre in the morning :)
• How deep will/can we go when scuba diving?
How deep will/can we go when scuba diving?
This depends on your instructor:)
• How long can I stay underwater when scuba diving?
How long can I stay underwater when scuba diving?
Well, that depends on you, your breathing rate, and the depth you are diving to. If you are taking up your PADI Open Water course you will learn all about it ☺
Diving in Pondicherry
• Where do you go scuba diving in Pondicherry?
Where do you go scuba diving in Pondicherry?
In the sea! We leave from the harbor and head out to between 3 and 15km from shore. Some of our sites feature sand bottom and artificial reef, some deeper sites a rocky bottom and gorgonian landscape. For those who want to train in fresh water, we also offer awesome quarry dives!
• What is the best season to scuba dive in Pondicherry?
What is the best season to scuba dive in Pondicherry?
We are open 365 days a year! There is always fun to be had and great underwater experiences to enjoy! Having said so, February - April and September - November are the best months of Scuba Diving in Pondy. Changes in currents produces calm and still waters and 20m-30m visibility. But really, anytime you come you will see great marine life and have good fun with other divers!
• What is marine life is there to see while diving in Pondicherry?
What is marine life is there to see while diving in Pondicherry?
There is a great range of corals, lion fish, grouper, kingfish, moray eels, torpedo rays, parrot fish, sea snakes, triggerfish, butterfly, angels, banner fish, crustaceans... and if you're lucky, even sharks, manta rays, whale sharks, turtles and dolphins!
• Is there any snorkelling possibility in Pondicherry?
Is there any snorkelling possibility in Pondicherry?
Not at this stage - all our dive sites are a few kilometers away from the shore, and at depths that make them available only to scuba divers.
Scuba Diving Courses & Programs
• What is the price of my course/program?
What is the price of my course/program?
Each course and diving experience has a fixed price, and this price have been defined to offer the possibility of diving to the largest amount of people, while not accepting any compromise on the quality of service and equipment.
• What are the timings of my course/program?
What are the timings of my course/program?
We're running all DSDs and Fun Dives every day, and conduce a variety of courses all the time. Check our diving calendar for more information, or just contact us to book the date that works best for you!
• I have [insert] x days to spend with you guys. What can you offer?
I have [insert] x days to spend with you guys. What can you offer?
From half a day to half a year, we have experiences, courses and programs for everyone. Our complete price list also contains the duration of each program. Have a look!
• How do I book my spot?
How do I book my spot?
Simple! Write us an e-mail, and pay a 50% deposit to book your spot.
• What is your deposit refund policy?
What is your deposit refund policy?
• Up till 1 month ahead, deposits are fully-refundable
• What is your cancellation policy?
What is your cancellation policy?
• If we cancel a sea dive day due to weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances, you can:
• Which languages do you offer scuba instruction in?
Which languages do you offer scuba instruction in?
We can teach any course and lead any dive in English, Tamil, French, Hindi, German, Dutch, Spanish Danish, Hebrew, Malayalam, Kannada, Manipuri...
• I am SSI/CMAS/BSAC/NAUI certified. Can I still dive/learn with you?
I am SSI/CMAS/BSAC/NAUI certified. Can I still dive/learn with you??
Sure you can! We recognize all training agencies and their relevant certification levels.
• Can I have a discount?
Can I have a discount?
Sure thing! We have a very clear discount policy for a variety of cases. So clear that you don't even need to ask for a discount if your case is not in the list :)
• I’m a certified diver, but haven’t been diving in a long time. What shall I do?
I’m a certified diver, but haven’t been diving in a while. What shall I do?
If you haven't been diving for a while, you should probably consider taking a "refresher" course to go over the standard skills and procedures again. How long is "a while"? It depends on your previous diving experience and certification level.
Scuba diving equipment
• Which equipment do you use?
Which equipment do you use?
ScubaPro (Deep down you want the best ☺)
• I have my own equipment. Can I use it when diving with you?
I have my own equipment. Can I use it when diving with you?
Sure – And you can then save 600 INR for every day you're diving with us :)
• I’d like to buy my own equipment. Do you sell any?
I’d like to buy my own equipment. Do you sell any?
Of course we do! Check it out in our shop while you are diving with us!
• I’d like to buy a dive computer. Can I try it first?
I’d like to buy a dive computer. Can I try it first?
A dive computer is an essential piece of equipment, and we have a large selection of ScubaPro and SubGear computers for you to choose from.
Temple Adventures' Facilities
• What is the location of your dive centre?
What is the location of your dive centre?
The address of the Temple Adventures Dive shop is:
5, Veeramunivar street
Click here to see our location map!
• Do you offer accommodation?
Do you offer accommodation?
Not at the moment, unfortunately - Our divers accommodation was destroyed in the recent cyclone, so we are recommending people to surrounding hotels.
• What accommodation do you recommend in Pondicherry?
What accommodation options are there in Pondicherry which you recommend?
Pondicherry offers numerous and nice possibilities in terms of accommodations, in all price ranges and for all tastes.
• Can I pay with a card at your office?
Can I pay with a card at your office?
Yes, you can! :)
You hate policies? We do too! So let's get it out of the way.
When you cancel your dive at the last moment, you don't only reduce the income we use to feed our staff and ourselves, you also take away the seat of someone else who could have dived that day. That would not be fair for anyone - and since we're sure you're all for fairness, we've drafted this fair and square deposit and cancellation policy.
• If you cancel your dive • 1 - Before the day of your program:
- Up till 1 month ahead, deposits are fully-refundable
- Up till 2 weeks ahead, deposits are 50%-refundable
- After 2 weeks ahead, deposits are non-refundable
- Up till 1 week ahead, booking dates can be altered
- After 1 week ahead, deposits are non-refundable and booking dates cannot be altered.
2 - On the day of your program, because you're unwell or seasick, and can not complete a dive:
You can either:
- Get a refund of 500 INR per missed dive.
- Reschedule your dive for another time within 1 month for an additional 50% of the DSD program fees for DSDs, or 50% of the price of 1 day of Fun Diving for other programs.
3 - On the day of your DSD program, after the pool section, because of your inability to perform the necessary skills comfortably after committed efforts in the pool for at least one hour, then you will only be charged for the theory intro, the pool session, the certification, the booklet, hence getting a 2,500 INR discount on the full program charges.
• If we cancel your dive • 1 - Because of unforeseen circumstances (weather, logistical problem, etc.), you can either:
- Reschedule your dive at any available date of your convenience for free
- If applicable, dive our fresh water Quarry instead with a discount of 1500 INR on your program (not applicable for courses)
- Get a full refund for 1 day-programs (including DSDs), or a refund of 1 day of Fun Diving for multi-days courses.
2. Because you don't show up, are late (7am cut-off for the boat), drunk, hung-over, or other similar state deemed by our staff to be unsafe to dive:
- You lose your deposit, and owe Temple Adventures any unpaid funds as well, as you took away the seat for another paying customer.
You want to go diving with us? Of course you do! You're only one click away !